Monday, January 5, 2015

New Year's Week

I can't believe that it is already 2015! It seems like yesterday I was setting new goals and resolutions for 2014. I sincerely hope that 2015 flies by just as quickly!


This week has been fun and a little slow though.


Monday a member took us to lunch after we emailed. We had Korean food and...... it was alright. Definitely not my favorite! I ate squid though. Very interesting. 


On Tuesday we had a surprise "Special Zone Training". It was a much needed training and discussion for everyone in our zone. The mission seems to really be struggling lately and we were all able to learn from the training.


Wednesday and Thursday were spent tracting and contacting potentials. We found a new investigator while tracting. We have a lesson set up with him tomorrow. Hopefully it goes through.
Nothing else exciting happened on New Year's Eve. We had to be in the apartment by 6 PM on New Year's Eve and apparently atmidnight the city set off fireworks! I never even heard them! Elder Hillman said they woke him up rather promptly. I have discovered that I am a much deeper sleeper than I previously thought. Missionary work is tiring stuff!

On New Year's Day we had dinner with the Binks! A nice couple from Utah. And yes, they are related to coach Binks from Union! Small world after all!


Friday I had my first "bad" experience as a missionary. We passed a lady on the street and kindly wished her a Happy New Year. She glared at us and told us to "keep it to ourselves!" And kept walking. It truly was a minor experience but it left me somewhat shaken. I just couldn't believe that people would act that way to anyone! But that's just my naive small-town, home-grown kid coming out.


Saturday was really fun! We were able to help the stake young men and young women with a service project. The stake rents a chipper and trucks to haul trees in. They drive around and pick up Christmas trees people are trying to get rid of. The people send a donation in the mail or hand it to us as we pick up the trees. The trees are then chipped and used as plant food, bedding, and pathway linings for the park in the Thornton Creek area. A genious idea!

After the service project we changed and headed to a lesson with another new investigator, Eddy. Eddy's wife and kids are members but he isn't. They have a goal to get married in the temple next year! They are from Nicaragua but speak fluent english. I REALLY wish that I spoke Spanish! It would be so useful!


Nothing much exciting happened yesterday either! Just another week! 


I love you all!

Elder Thacker

No comments:

Post a Comment