Saturday, January 3, 2015

Christmas Week

Hello Again!

I survived Christmas:) And what a wonderful Christmas it was.

The rest of the week pales in comparison so I will mainly focus on Christmas and what happened after.


Christmas Eve Elder Hillman and I were able to have dinner with President Biehl (1st counselor in the Stake Presidency) and his family. We then returned to our apartment and did weekly planning. At about 9:00 PM the zone leaders arrived at our apartment with 5 packages for me! I cheated and opened them on Christmas Eve instead of Christmas Day but only because I knew Christmas day would be kind of crazy.

Christmas day started like any other day in the mission: Excercise, breakfast, and then studies. At 11:00 AM Bishop Every came and picked us up so we could have brunch at his house. It was a lovely brunch after which we opened presents bishop and his wife got us. I received a very nice tie and a box of my favorite cereal (Frosted Mini-Wheats) with a gift card to Safeway on it! Missionaries love free groceries:) Then we got to Skype home!!! It was fantastic to see how well everyone is doing.

After Skype we drove with the Washington Park Elders to see the "Fremont Troll". It is this giant cement troll under the (I presume) Fremont bridge. Very interesting. The rest of our day was spent mostly relaxing because it was technically P-Day (Which I dislike very much but I am trying to be positive about mission rules:)


Friday was a normal day but Elder Hillman felt ill most of the day. 

Saturday morning I awoke to find a very ill Elder Hillman in the bathroom. He had been "sick" all night long and I never even heard him. Needless to say, we spent all day Saturday in the apartment. I read and slept and cleaned (and sanitized EVERYTHING) and wrote letters and journaled some. I also made Elder Hillman some tea that members brought over to help him feel better. He informed me that my wife will love me very much someday. I'm very ok with that!

Yesterday Elder Hillman was feeling up to it so, we went to church! Then, last night, was the monthly member missionary fireside. It was at the Seattle Stake Center in Burien. All of the missionaries were part of a choir and we sang "Away in a Manger" and "Silent Night". Very powerful and spiritual songs!

The work keeps progressing. I love you all! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Love always,

Elder Thacker

No comments:

Post a Comment