Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Fungi



Well, a lot of interesting things have happened this week! I lost my voice, we have a few new investigators, we found fungus living in our apartment, and it has rained for about 5 days straight!

Lets start at the beginning shall we? This week has been really busy. We have talked to a lot of people, knocked on a lot of doors, and attempted to find addresses that don't exist! Fun things.

I also had the opportunity to help give blessings at Seattle Children's Hospital. What wonderful experiences and sweet spirits children are. The hospital is top notch as well! 

Thursday we had interviews with President and Sister Choi. It was really nice to talk with them and to receive some really excellent training from President and Sister Miller. Then on Thursday evening we went tracting and found a new investigator. Not extremely solid and has lived  alone a little too long but nice enough. Unfortunately did not come to church yesterday. 

Friday was the same. Busy, busy. We also found a new investigator! A man from Mobile, Alabama who just "can't do it without Jesus. Ain't nobody can." Amen brother. Amen.
Friday evening I also received a phone call from one of the members of the bishopric. I knew exactly what was coming too. He asked if I could speak on Sunday. I obliged. 

Saturday Morning I woke up and had a hard time talking. I thought it to be odd but just did my thing all day.

Sunday morning I woke up and had an extremely soft, gravelly voice. There was no way I was talking in church so I (figuratively) handed the reins to my companion and asked him to talk. He agreed and then ended up not having time! It was a very fun day whispering to everyone I talked to. Everyone thought I was just being extremely reverent. Priceless.

Also, some time during the week we noticed we had these mushroom looking fungi things growing along the balcony door where the carpet is endlessly wet. I took pictures before we disposed of them but they have since grown back quite rapidly. Concerning? No, you don't want to worry about that!

Another week has come and gone. I love you all very much and am extremely grateful for the thoughts and prayers in my behalf!

Elder Thacker

No comments:

Post a Comment