Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Nov. 4, 2014 Arriving in Seattle

I made it! I am in Seattle. 

Today has been a VERY long and tiring day; full of excitement and also very overwhelming.

Seattle is weird. Everything is so wet and so musty. Like, everything. And the trees are absolutely COVERED in moss. I'm just not used to that much water.

President and Sister Choi are fantastic!! I love them. He is definitely an inspired man called of God to the be the Washington Seattle mission president and also a member of the 1st Quorum of the Seventy. 


Our morning started extremely early. Our district got up at 2:30 AM to shave, shower, and finish packing those last few items. We went to the travel office at 3:30 AM and we were on Utah Frontrunner and then the TRAX at like 4:30 AM. We finally made it through airport baggage check and security at about 7:00 AM when I finally got to call home. It was so fantastic to talk to you! I love you! The flight went really well and before we knew it we were touching down in cloud-covered and rain-soaked Seattle.

We arrived in Seattle at approximately 9:30 AM local time (10:30) your time and were immediately met by President and Sister Choi, the Assistants to the President, and the office Elders [Elder Carter (Dad, he said his dad would email you a picture)]. They had us sing "I'm a Child of God" to random people while waiting for the van. Nothing like diving right in!

We went back to the Mission Office where everyone else in the mission was already waiting for transfers. They had transfers (but didn't tell us who our companions were) and then had a training for the new trainers. We had a class with the AP's, a finance guy, a driving coordinator, and, of course, interviews with President and Sister Choi.

After what seemed (and was quite literally) forever they finally called us in to meet our new companions/trainers. My new companion is Elder Hillman (pictures to come some other time). First impressions: I really like him, he is very enthusiastic. I hope I can keep up.

We went back to the apartment and dropped off my luggage and now we're quickly emailing. Mondays are normally P-Day unless, like today, there are transfers. Don't expect to hear from me until Monday!

I don't officially know the name of my area yet or my mailing address. If you need to reach me, send it to the mission home (address on the blog). I love you all! Thank you for your support!

Elder Thacker

No comments:

Post a Comment