Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Seattle Week 7

What a week it has been! This week has been weird though because it has seemed like the longest and shortest week of my entire mission!

I'll start with what happened after P-day.

Wednesday we had Zone Meeting and I exchanged with Elder Smith while Elder Bennett exchanged with Elder Hillman. Elder Smith and Elder Bennett are the Zone Leaders (and I'm not sure I mentioned this but my companion is a district leader). I went to Elliot Bay area with Elder Smith and had a blast. Elliot bay encompasses more of the main city attractions such as the Space Needle, CenturyLink Field, Safeco Field, and Pike's Place Market. This exchange was much needed for me! Elder Smith really helped me realize my potential and helped me see how my love of people and my ability to bring people up can help me on my mission. Elder Smith is going to be and Assistant before he leaves.... At least, I think he will be:)

Thursdays are, of course, weekly planning and this week we had to do some serious planning. We have officially baptized, dropped, or referred every solid investigator that we had. We are in finding mode right now! Even more so because Sister Choi received revelation (three separate times) that the mission would baptize 100 people in the month of December! Our area already baptized one and our goal is to baptize another!

Friday and Saturday were spent finding and contacting without much success.

Sunday was spent at church and helping our bishop. Bishop Every is fantastic and he took us around while he delivered Christmas Help baskets to part member/non-active/struggling families. It was a great opportunity for us to get to know these families, see what their needs are, and it also put us in a position to start teaching them! Then we had a fantastic member dinner. I love going to eat at member's houses. They love the missionaries and want to help! Members make aHUGE difference!

Monday was a lot of things: slow, exciting, fun, and transfers! Not much contacting and finding. Once again, Mondays are hard because it always seems like nobody is home! We also had the opportunity to go to Seattle to Beneroya Hall and see the Ensign Symphony and Chorus perform. They were amazing and it really helped the investigator we brought feel the Christmas spirit and of Christ's love for her. Transfer calls came, or didn't come, after the symphony. We got a phone call from the zone leaders (mostly to scare us and Elder Hillman may have jumped a little bit when the phone rang) but neither one of us got transferred. Elder Hillman and I are staying in Ravenna Park for another six weeks! But he did get released as a district leader. (I didn't realize last week that transfers were this week or I would have mentioned it)

What a week! The work keeps progressing! 

Love always,

Elder Thacker

No comments:

Post a Comment